CPD (Long courses)
- Video Interactive Guidance ( June 2015).
- Learning about this NICE recommended intervention for observing, analysing and changing behaviour. Promoting attuned, empathic relationships through heightening awareness of verbal and non-verbal communication. Practicing micro-analysis and shared review.
- First Aid, (Spring 2014, Refresher April 2015)
Learning basic first aid and CPR over 3 day course.
- Designated Safeguarding Training, NCC (Spring 2013, Refresher Feb. 2015)
- Learning how to recognise the signs of abuse, using the vulnerability matrix, thresholds and pathways document, and referring to children’s services. Understanding of serious case review and the importance of working together.
- Philosophical Enquiry (P4C), Level 1, SAPERE (Spring 2006)
Learning how to facilitate communities of enquiry using diverse stimulus, for all ages, to develop creative, critical and higher thinking skills. This method has been shown to improve maths and english skills in schools, and is a dialogic, and democratic method.
- Person-Centred Counselling, Bilston College (July 1996)
Learning active listening skills and person-centred counselling techniques, along with modules on child development and psychological theories.
CPD 2012 -2015
- Creating a Therapeutic, Healing Environment for LAC
- Understanding Attachment Disorder
- Social and Economic Blocks to Learning
- Working Together, CAF training
- Identifying Strategies to Support Self-Harm and Anxiety
- Strategies for Anger Management and Behaviour Support
- Understanding Disguised Compliance
- How to Use the Boxall Profile
- Using Excel
- AQA Teacher Support Meeting
- Embedding Lang./Lit. & Numeracy
- A Level Conference 22nd June 2007
- Brain Gym
- Teacher Swap Shop
- AQA AS/A2 Government & Politics New Spec
- The Grade One Lesson
- Teacher Swap Shop; Sharing Ideas
- AQA Philosophy
- AQA Critical Thinking New Spec.
- Celebration of Culture and Diversity
- Running an effective group tutorial
- Getting Started with e-ILP
- A Level Conference at Loughborough
- Planning for Tutorials Workshop
- Creating Expert Learners
- Citizenship, History & Politics update
- Emotional Intelligence in the Classroom
- Using the Learner Achievement Tracker
- Learning Fair, Sharing Ideas
- Wikis, Blogs and Podcasts
- APs – Supporting Teachers
- Routes and Support to Higher Education
- ILT Training and EILP
- AP Conference
- A Level Conference
- AS/A2 Government & Politics
- AS/A2 Philosophy
- Observation training for co-observers
- Mentoring Introduction
- Safeguarding (POVA)
- Dignity at Work
- Coaching Training
- Further Mentoring
- Introduction to Leadership and Management
- The Talented and Gifted Student